Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 22

Wah, its a rarity that I can actually blog about events that happen on a day, on the same day itself! Despite the fact that I had 4 hour lesson which started at 9am this morning, which by the way is boring. Like what Geraldine says, 'Looks like even overeas unis are not immune to boring lectures.' Seriously, I'm quite surprised that a marketing lecture conducted by some major marketing managers in the bigger companies was this boring. Talk about marketing oneself!

Anyway, it is now half past nine at night in Amsterdam, and I am watching the streaming of Manchester United vs Fulham. This brings me to the biggest thing that is going to happen this week....

YES I AM LEAVING FOR MANCHESTER TOMORROW.

Manchester United. The team I have watched on television since I was eleven is going to appear right before my very eyes, in the flesh, at the stadium I only get to see on television week in, week out, come 21st February 2009. As much as I love to watch ManU play the top 4, especially arch rivals liverpool, which will not happen anytime before 14th March, or an intense Manchester derby, I will have to settle for Blackburn Rovers. I'm just hoping that there will be a couple of goals, especially from ManU, and I've got the seat in the 8th row at the half way line! If my camera is good enough I might still be able to use my camera to capture some players!

Anyway, I doubt I will be able to blog in the next few days, but a quick look through at my travel plans for the next week.

19th Feb (tomorrow) - Take a 9pm train to Brussels, estimated arrival time at Brussels Central Station: 1am.

20th Feb - Spend the first couple of hours at Brussels train station where we will catch a bus to the Brussels airport, Charleroi and fly to Manchester. Will check into the hotel in Manchester at 2pm, and probably spend the day finding where and how to get to Old Trafford.

21st Feb - THE BIG DAY, for me at least. As much as I would like to wear my Manchester United jersey, I left it all the way in Singapore. If I do happen to see one that is not too expsensive (read: less than S$120) I will buy it, if not I will buy a scarf or a beanie or just something which I can proudly say was bought all the way at Old Trafford. I do not rule out the possibility that I will risk my life, getting banned by the club for trying to pluck the Old Trafford grass. HAHAHA. At night, we will take a bus from Manchester down to London.

22nd to 25th Feb - Tour London and check out the places of interest. Hopefully we will be able to visit places like the Big Ben, the Thames River, and the Windsor Castle.

26th Feb - Spend the morning in the bus back to Manchester, and hang out in the airport for 5 hours before taking a plane back to Brussels. And at Brussels, I am considering asking the rest if they want to travel about in Brussels (since we are there already, and check out the place) before heading back to Amsterdam.

Yes it sounds really crazy, for me especially. Before this, all my travelling involved things like Clementi - Boon Lay - Clementi - NTU - Jurong East or worse case - Pasir Ris. This first official backpacking trip in Europe promises so much, not to mention that it is for such a major cause!! Muahaha. It will surely be a trip to remember, either for good or bad. Of course, may my lucky stars will watch over me, and that I will return to blog about this eventful week without getting robbed, pickpocketed, kidnapped, blah blah blah *insert anything bad*.

I would love to sleep as much as possible tonight, and I know I probably will not sleep much over the next week. All right I am off to pack my bag, and I will update this space at the earliest possible time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment