Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 45 - 47

Day 45

The highlight of what was otherwise another ordinary day was the potluck dinner on a boat! Located some 10 minutes on bicycle from my place, this boat called Einde Van De Wereld is a restaurant on water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The door on the deck that leads us into the restaurant!

Photobucket

The bar counter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This really old school heater. I had thought it was some cooker for some really nice dish! Haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The night was really nice, and the moonlight is really bright here!

And in other news, I seemed to be very good at cycling with only one hand, that my other hand can be used for other tasks such as taking photos! Haha I will present some proof.

Photobucket

Not so good first attempt... I was trying to take a photo of the scenery behind me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah hah.. it looks like I was taking it as any other person standing still will, but NO I was on my bike, riding at 100.. I mean 10km/h. Hahah I will be able to ride without both hands in no time!



Day 46

A normal day with me slacking the day away (again), went to the dappenmarket to shop, had dinner with the friendly Thai people at their nice apartment, and then came back to drink with some of our friends who stay in Seb's block till 3am. Otherwise an unconstructive day, though we did manage to book our air tickets to visit Italy in the second week of April, as well as Czech Republic in the third week!



Day 47

I woke up at 12pm despite sleeping at 5am, because of the afternoon kick-off involving Man Utd and liverpool. Cycled to O'Danells, where the rain made me feel like I was washing my face as I was pedaling towards the pub.

Comments about the match... absolutely the most nightmarish performance by the team so far this season. The usually dependable Vidic looked like Skrtel back when Man Utd destroyed liverpool 3-0 last season, and I did not remember Reina having to make any save other than the penalty which he failed to. And there I was thinking Man Utd was going to steamroll pool after the first goal. Oh well, there is no room for complacency, okay maybe a bit considering Man Utd are still well poised for the title with a 7 point lead after winning that game in hand. Try as you might, but I am still sticking to my words that the EPL is going to OT come May.

It was cool to watch in the pub, despite the fact that there were more liverpool supporters. Some friendly folks sitting behind me were teasingly tugging at my Man Utd pullover when they scored the 4th goal. It was truly an unforgettable experience.

Definitely not a day to remember, which explains why I am going to sleep. And that also brings home the point that I need to start studying real soon, since exams are less than 2 weeks away! The horror!

Will update again soon, but I reckon the days you spend mugging for papers don't get any more interesting than what I've gone through so far. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment