Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 62

I believed the entry yesterday left off with me saying that I was going to bed even before 10pm. It was by far the earliest time I went to bed, but also the shortest night I had so far. Woke up at 1am, drank some water, fb-ed a little and tried to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, that never materialised as I stayed awake throughout the night, and still managed to make it to the library to study till 1pm.

Must have been the daylight saving, save my head, feels more like daylight distortion. Let's see if I will have a good night's rest today.

The sun was fantastic today, went to Dappermarkt to shop. The human traffic seemed heavier than usual given that everyone came out to soak up abit of that sunshine. Walking on the street in just a pullover, on top of just 3 hours of sleep, everything felt dreamier than usual. The sight of flowers, the smell of fried fish, the sounds of barking dogs felt surreal. The couple of times I crossed the road to go over to the other side of the Dappermarkt almost resulted in accidents as I was really not looking at where I was walking. And you know you are tired when you know you just need to get porkribs, but spend one hour walking aimlessly up and down the market 3 times over. But I just love the market, everything about it.

Spent the night washing clothes, and finally tidying that wardrobe of mine which has been messy and ugly for 2 good months.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I consider this to be of a high standard, neat and organised. I never bothered myself with arranging my clothes at home, since the maid always does it for me. Yes, I know I've been a spoilt child for long enough. Its the seemingly tedious process of washing, drying, folding, hanging of clothes that my maid does day in, day out. But I believe I have learnt how to do all these very well myself too. Heh. I also realised there are too many jackets/pullovers/sweaters/jumpers in the closet now. An inventory check revealed that I have bought 3 from Zara, 2 from London, and my favourite Man United one, on top of the 2 coats from Zara, 6 I brought over from Singapore, that makes 14 pieces of warm clothes that will find a nice spot in my home to collect dust in another 3 months. Getting them back will be another challenge altogether. Hurraf.

However, my table is still pretty messy, I guess I'll leave it as it is until I come back from Italy.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Peter came back from his holiday, and yes its nice once again to have a chit-chat buddy around the room.

Photobucket
The shelf meant for books, but is now storage for some of the most random collection of buys I've made here, or brought over from Singapore.

Decided to personalise the room abit more, considering I've met friends in PHK who brought their entire shelves of CD collection, guitars and hi-fi sets to be placed in their rooms. All I did was to put up this very nice flag.

Photobucket

Yes Man United flag pinned onto the wall with normal tacks.

Photobucket

Apparently I've assumed that all along, walls are so strong that pins cannot go through them. Peter dispelled this assumption in the seconds he took to get the flag up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think my room now looks awfully awesome. I could stay in the whole day and not go anywhere. (though it will be stupid to do so) Just like how I put a fish tank in hall 13 the last semester, these kind of small little things add little personal touches to my personal space.

All right, off to bed. Really tired already. The nicely covered bed is waving at me now. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment