Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 60 - 61

Day 60

I slept the whole of yesterday morning away, given that I had played my pokemon platinum until 3-4am in the morning. (I didn't check the time on my watch, couldn't be bothered too) Woke up at 1pm, bummed around in the room for a while before making lunch at 3pm. It was a weird time to have lunch, since we had curry chicken beehoon for dinner at 6pm. In between this 3 hours, I went to Chinatown to get the beehoon, and the sight of hundreds of Dutch and Scottish soccer fans, draped in striking orange costumes, or the scottish skirts packed the streets! It was the World Cup qualifer which was to be played in the Ajax stadium. I could imagine how it would have been like when Netherlands hosted the 2004 Euro, must have been crazy!!

Party at the Canadians' place was good. Nice crowd and we explored another part of Amsterdam, some good 30 minutes bicycle ride away. Drank quite a bit, and I thought I was drunk when I saw different times on my computer and my watch. Apparently, its already spring now, so the times in Europe have been advanced an hour, so now the day is supposedly longer. They call it Daylight saving, and for that few hours that I was trying to figure out whether my watch was spoilt, there was this utter sense of bewilderness. So right now Amsterdam is just 6 hours behind Singapore!




Day 61

Woke up at 12pm, or rather 1pm, washed up and went for the pimp-my-bike session! I found my favourite orange paint, it was the only can, but alas, it was only half full. Thanks to that, my orange bike is now only half orange! The rest of the bike has been splashed with other colours, which only means its really one of its kind! hahaha.

Photobucket
The bicycle, made by this brand called Multi-cycle, now comes in a limited multi-colour edition. Orange, Red, Yellow, Lime, Blue and White, complete with a sign-off by the artist. Hahaha.

And this is what happens when daylight saving is in place. The picture below was taken from Seb's room at 7:45pm.

Photobucket
Look at how bright the sun is, still.

20 minutes later, at 8:00pm. I left and along the way, the sun was only about to set. It sure is one of the most beautiful evening/night sky I have seen thus far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think its the fresh paint, it makes my bike look new and bright. Made my day too! All right, it is 9pm now, I know its still early, but I am going to try and wake up early tomorrow, so I can try to go to the library early to study. Haha will update again probably next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment