Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 105 - 106

Yes, after 2 days of reading, preparation and mad rushing, the presentation for the course on history of economic thought is over and done with. It seemed to me like I've worried for nothing, since the fifteen minutes seemed like 3 minutes, considering how I spent 10 minutes on a quarter of my slides.

I don't know why, but it seemed like I've lost that flare for presentation or public speaking for that matter. It's been once again proven that when I faltered with 'the household allocation of time' by saying 'the household EDUCATION of time', not once, but two times! I refuse to think that the side effects of weed has taken a slightly longer period to wear off. The next presentation shall not see a repeat of this!

Anyway, the prime reason why I've decided to blog today is because of the special day 106 that I've been in Amsterdam. Well 106 has always been quite a special number, the previous house I stayed in was house 106, and my secondary one/two class in BPGHS was also 106! Was reminiscing about the times back in high school with the rest, and it occured to me that our best times were those spent in high school, regardless of whichever one we went to. Thinking back, its been 10 long years since secondary one, and I just learnt that a friend from the same batch (though in a different class) has just wed! Not trying to sound too old here, or rather, to get settled down at 23 seems like too young to me!

My secondary 3/4 classmate Dehua has also dropped by, since he's going to Stuggart for his summer exchange on sunday. Good to have a friend bring my already-depleted supply of Myojo instant noodles. My only regret was forgetting to tell my mum about the lor-bak ingredients which would surely sweep everyone here off their feet. Yes, I hate to admit it, but lor-bak is the pareto-superior equilibrium in a dual-food battle between it and curry chicken. Curry chicken always leaves you at a (0,0) when you compare it with lor-bak at (9,9). The Nash equilibrium is always at lor-bak for an infinite number of players in infinite periods. Okay, John Nash has successfully haunted me in my dreams for the past two nights I spent reading about him. Kindly ignore my last 2 lines, I'll leave it for the sake since I'm too lazy to backspace. Hahaha.

Well, am quite looking forward to the weekend, since there's a boat ride. Its kinda sad that we've been here for almost 4 months and we haven't been riding around the canals before! Its also Paris next week, and frankly speaking, I have less than one month before I need to move all my things out of the room, and leave Amsterdam for GH's European Exploration, and then make the painful (though I still do look forward it) trip back to Singapore. The thought of leaving this all-too-beautiful city is just too painful to bear, and I am not exaggerating.

I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again, living for the moment is the second best policy henceforth. (till July 14th that is)

The song of the day, I think I can't find a better song that best expresses this mixed bag of feelings I'm having now.



Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment