Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 97 - 104

It has been proven time and again that trying to update my experiences here in Amsterdam is as difficult as trying to read a dictionary from the first to the last page. So even if The Amsterdam Times cannot be published on a daily basis like any other leading newspaper, it will reinvent itself by trying to publish highlights on a weekly basis. The editor will also try to cover historic happenings worth reading in due time. Hahaha.

Anyway, after the highly enjoyable week which saw our other econs friends join us in the Netherlands, school this week has basically been about catching up with all the work that's to be due. And its ALOT! I've just spent almost 50 hours in Sebastian's room, yes we did not step out of his house for almost 50 hours, just to finish up 2 assignments. The weather was so fantastic, but yet we had to slog our asses off school work. Worse still, its not over yet, and I'll still have to clurn out a 10 page essay on 2 beloved Nobel prize winners, followed by another presentation, 6 essays and 1 other paper. Okay I should not rant on, since ranting will not aid in getting those things done as well. Still, it shall be and it will be done!

In other news, GH's European Exploration plan has more or less been fixed. Starting from 13th June and stretching all the way to 2nd July, he will attempt to cover as many cities, including those in Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, and possibly a trip to Estonia to visit his friendly and beautiful friends. However, in not-so-good news, the Legoland trip may have to wait, till the next time, since there is really almost no time for it already! T_T.

I wish to extend my sincerest gratitude to Ryanair for once again making this exploration possible, while helping me maintain whatever's left in the bank account of mine. If only the railway or bus companies would learn from Ryanair, wouldn't it be nice?

A look at how much I will spend on air tickets, and how many flights I will be taking!

Brussels to Bratislava €10
Berlin to Dusseldorf €2.10
Dusseldorf to Barcelona €2.50
Barcelona to Dusseldorf €2.50
Dusseldorf to Edinburgh €2.50
Edinburgh to Dublin £4
Dublin to London £4
London to Eindhoven €2.50

Oh yes, I will also be heading to Cambridge, where I will meet my senior Julia and her husband! Yes I think its only nice to visit that institution that has determined the lives of the average Singaporean ever since O and A levels were inducted into Singapore's education system.

All right, looks like that's all the time I can afford to update this page for now. I know, reading the Yellow pages may be even more exciting than whatever's on here, but when all this is over, I'll make the entries here look longer than a PHD thesis. Hahahaha. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment