Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 75-79

Hello peeps, I apologise for the lack of updates, but the first day of school in this week felt like an avalanche of work that has zapped me of all energy. Its going to be quite busy, but I hope we will manage it. Some professors are very interesting, but the same cannot be said of others. I'll continue to update my previous post. It will take a while, but it will be done.

Anyway, a whole lot of other misadventures took place in school this week, including the thing about the professor who's supposed to teach Environmental Economics cancelling the whole class just because there were too little students. Thanks really. Then again, there is also this extremely, extremely, extremely interesting module that I have taken, History of Economics and the Netherlands. There are only 4 students in this class (including myself), but the professor takes much pride in his course. He articulates so well, that attending his lesson felt like watching a documentary on the great economists that have reshaped the way the world looks at Economics. The way he effortlessly churns out profound and apt descriptives to describe everything Economics related would make one think he could actually be an English academic under the disguise of Economics. I think lessons or courses should be like this, where learning is never about how well your brain can hold the facts for you to manage that 2-3 hour exam, only to forget it right after you step out of the exam hall. By the way this paper is non-examinable, with 2 essays and 1 presentation only. yea!

Ahhh there's still so much to talk about this week, but I have to go for lessons now. Meanwhile just continue to read the previous post and I will update this page as frequently possible. Will be in Prague for the weekend, and I think it will be another awesome place! Hurraf!

No comments:

Post a Comment