Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 80 - 86

Hello again, I know, mould and spiderwebs are growing in this page of mine. I'm still swarmed by the huge amount of readings required of me. Getting used to this kind of hectic lifestyle, which is the extreme opposite of my 2-day week just 2 months ago! In other good news, I passed both my modules last quarter! I am thankful that the minimum amount I studied was really just enough to pass! Haha.

Anyway, here's a quick, summarised recap of what's happening for the past week. I can hardly afford the luxury of writing my experiences in great detail!

Day 80 was spent in school and designing the experiment for game theory. Typical boring school stuff that does not deserve elaborating. Perhaps the only meaningful thing done was inviting Jachym over for dinner. Jachym is a friend who comes from Czech Republic whom I met during the orientation. Got some nice tips on where and how we should go about in Prague. He showed us some really beautiful photos of Czech Republic, including his hometown which is some 100km away from Prague. That got me really looking forward to the trip the next day!



Day 81-83

Woke up at 6am, packed 2 days worth of stuff in my trusty Crumpler and we were good to go! Its good to bring a small bag and little stuff for trips like this, how I wished every trip could be like that. We embarked for the Central station from my place and made our way to Schiphol. The morning Amsterdam scenary along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reached the airport on time to catch our first Skyeurope flight. Quite a good airline and a flight, I didn't even feel that we were off the ground already!

Photobucket
I just love how we board the plane here, no different from a bus or cab. Haha.

We arrived in Prague by around noon, went to a big shopping mall which saw the girls spend most of the S$100 they withdrew for the trip. Apparently H&M has got really cheap stuff that made them gave in and spend! Took the bus to Krumlov, which is one of the oldest and most visited cities in Czech Republic. I'll let the pictures do the talking for now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had previously not heard of the town Český Krumlov prior to this visit. But then, its always good to be surprised, and I must say this town strikes me as that typical 'long long ago in the town of ________ lived a _________' kind of place. Outstanding architecture, peaceful and quiet, seemingly isolated from all the busy cities out there. Holiday resorts managers/owners should take ideas away from this place on how the ideal getaway/holiday destination should be. Certainly, some of the buildings or streets, alongside that river that surrounds Krumlov felt like Venice no. 2, but such a statement will only understate the true beauty of Krumlov that's one of its kind. Credit should not be taken away from this UNESCO World Heritage Site.

(To be continued - there's still so much to write on this, but also so much undone work! Garf)

No comments:

Post a Comment