Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 126

Strangely, I couldn't sleep that much last night. Guess I just have to wake up earlier and do what I'm supposed to do.. haha.

Anyway opened my mail to find something unexpected, but nevetheless pleasant!



Kinda hits home the message 'GH your exchange days are ending!'. On the other hand, all the gatherings, makan and mahjong sessions that are verbally agreed over MSN or fb, the HSS FOC, the dog, the fish tank, the computer, the family (especially mummy) all make me look forward to going back at the same time!

Went for the canal jump organised by the Plantage Muidergracht student residence n the afternoon. Totally awesome. Its one of the crazy things, apart from drinking booze or taking weed that makes the Amsterdam experience unique too!

The weather for a start was superb, I felt like I was back in Singapore, where the rays from the sun were really getting onto your skin! The clothes on everyone would not differ from what we wear back home.. t-shirt, berms, surfshorts, spag tops, flip flops, you name it!




We made our way to where the peeps have been jumping into the canal, and it was the same one I'll usually walk past after S&O classes, or when I'll walk the girls home at night (when the sun would set by 8. The sky does not get dark now at anytime before 1030!) Apparently we missed the first round already, so we just did it own time own target.




First jump with Federik and Seb. It may not look that high, but the first time round it felt like ages before I landed in the water! The colour of the canal water was comparable to the Singapore river, and if you ignore the floating particles that are around you (okay there were ducks and geese and some dogs moving in and out of the water, go figure) It felt pretty much like swimming in the swimming pool! Hahaha.

Then Mauricio decided that he will jump as well, so we did it for a second time! Actually, its more fun jumping together! Hahaha.














After the jump, we were rewarded with some hotdog buns and beer, and this funny 'Amsterdam Canal Dive Certificate'. Hahah.

















So after some food and beer, what other better way to dry ourselves than just sitting under the sun?!













Its really total relaxation just to sit on the pipes and watch the numerous boats sail past you. The campus and its surroundings just looked so much more beautiful too!











It was a thoroughly enjoyable day, so much so that I have been totally inefficient with the work that I was supposed to do. Thus, I shall redeem myself by not touching the computer tomorrow, let's see if its going to work. There are still interesting parts of this jump which I will share about real soon! Hahaha take care meanwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment