Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 128

Hahaha, somehow its weird that I find the time to really blog about everyday happenings when examinations are around the corner.

Truth be told, I have never had the luxury of studying for examinations as if I were reading a copy of the newspaper or TIME. To make things worse, at the back of my mind, there is this safety net telling me that if I do not make it the first time round, there's still a resit to redeem myself the second time round. If only we had such policies back in NTU, wouldn't it be nice?

I am kinda done with studying for the first exam, so this afternoon I gave myself some time off to get another haircut. Yes, I have concluded that human hair grows faster in spring/summer than it does in winter. For the months of February to end-April, my hair grew pretty much the same amount as from the period starting early-May till today. Yes not the cheapest haircut around, but it didn't burn a hole in the wallet either. Went to buy another huge bag as I am looking to stuff all my things into that bag. By huge I really mean HUGE. Bev or Meiyee will probably fit inside I reckon, and I am not joking. But that also means I'll have to start packing soon, my days in PHK are numbered.

Another random thought, seeing all those dogs outside Albert Heijn while they sit there by themselves (really they are worthy of the 'most obedient dogs' award) staring through the glass doors, awaiting their masters to bring them home, always makes me think of my dog Harry. Not the most obedient one, but still special in its own right.





The dutch also like to bring their dogs are for swims in the hot summer weather. Saw this rocker dude(with a beer belly no less) bringing his 3 mightily fine dogs into the canal we jumped into only 2 days before.




I dared not ask him to pose with his dogs, or to pose with his beloved four-legged friends, for fear that I might incur his wrath, resulting in him unleashing 3 sets of unthinkable canine muscles onto me. As you can see from the photos, he looked emotional or something. Haha.

Oh and yes, despite having used Blogger for the past four and a half years, I have not realised that I could upload a video onto my own blog. Thus, there is no better way than to share this discovery by posting the most memorable video of yours sincerely in Amsterdam, doing the heroic act of jumping into a canal in Amsterdam. Watch a quardruplet hailing from Singapore, Uruguay and Bolivia attempt a synchronized dive into Plantage Muidergracht, captured in full glory spanning 20 seconds. No ducks or geese or dogs were harmed in the process, neither were Olympic medals awarded. However, we did walk away, as proud recipients of an 'Amsterdam Canal Dive Certificate' (though it could have been easily mistaken as rough paper for the regrettable choice of ink and colours)



I swear I could watch the video 100 times over and not get sick of it. Definitive.

Okay I am off to bed now, I promise to wake up and confine myself in the library again, devoid of the evils that call themselves 'facebook', 'soccernet', 'wikipedia', 'blogger' and the like. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment