Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 127 - 128

Hahaha, I think I have been quite efficient today, spent 8 hours studying the examination on Friday proper, doing the notes, etc. Also found some time to learn a brazilian desert Bridgadeiros and Beijinhos from our Brazilian friend Juliana! Haha yet another fine addition to my cookbook, since the 'deserts' section is quite lacking!



They also came over to try today's curry. Frankly speaking, I think the new curry powder I bought today tasted.. different, bordering on weird. Unusually spicy, somehow mixed between numbing-spicy and the spicy-spicy that I'm very used to. I don't remember the last time I actually felt this sensation that you call spicness, but this curry powder did it. Didn't really like it, and I'll try to modify it with other stuff the next time round (not that there are many chances to cook it here =/)

Really enjoy the talks with people from largely different cultures, backgrounds. Its amazing to hear so many things you were previously oblivious to.

Well, back to work! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment